Leaving a job, whether by choice or involuntarily or lay off will have an impact on your current financial situation. There are a number of financial factors to consider, as an advisor we can help guide you through this. Some questions to consider are:
- Do you need to consider legal advice?
- Are you entitled to any payments from your former employer and how can the payments be received?
- What happens to your Group RRSP, pension or retirement benefits?
- What happens to your employee health and insurance benefits?
- What happens to your company stock options?
- Are you entitled to receive Employment Insurance (EI)?
- Do you need to reconsider your financial plan?
Talk to us, we can help.